Welcome to Books With Anjali where we talk all things books and fangirl over everything fictional.
This blog is my super stealth weapon employed to make everyone read my favourite books. So I hope you stick around, have some fun, maybe follow and help me in making my mission a success 😉
I’m Anjali, a reader, blogger and bookstagrammer by passion and a doctor by profession. I use she/her pronouns. I can usually be found devouring books about anything and everything, shoving my favourite books at everyone to make them read or trying out new recipes from my favourite food bloggers. When these pursuits are not enough you might even see me crying over fictional characters and eating icecream to deal with the fact that real life is not an anime. I dream of opening a book cafe or one day seeing my own work published (like every single bookworm in the world).
Here are some fun facts about me :
- I am a master procrastinator who finds ways to procrastinate about procrastinating
- I have been reading since the minute I learned the alphabets.
- My favourite genres include Fantasy, Romance, Murder Mysteries,Literary Fiction and Magical Realism
- I have a weakness for tearjerkers and will usually rate a book 5 stars if it can make me cry
- I am a recent anime convert and will definitely fangirl with you if you say, you love Haikyuu, Fruits Basket, Kono Oto Tomare!! The Sound Of Life.
- I love cooking and enjoy creating weird icecream flavors that somehow end up tasting good even if I say so myself 😆
This blog was created back in 2018 when I first discovered the thriving online book community. I needed a place to talk about my favourite books and recommend them to anyone who would listen and until 2018, all I had were my fed up friends and family. This blog finally gave me a space where I can shout out about my favourite books to my heart’s content and actually have fellow booksworms to fangirl with.
There has been a fair share of trials and errors with this blog. There were name changes, format changes, theme changes, frustrated whining over the lack of features, change of websites, losing all my dataand the list goes on. But after a lot of figuring out, I think I have finally found my space here at bookswithanjali.com
My target was to create a safe haven where I could talk about books, have discussions with fellow bookworms, discover new books, genres, authors and occasionally (read always) recommend books (more like throw books at) to all you lovely readers out there. It’s an ongoing process and I hope I can keep on growing ever higher. Stars the limit . So I hope you stick around for all the fun we are going to have 😁